Monday, April 16, 2012

Travel Solo Adventure-

I feel that each one of us should travel solo at least once in our lifetime, not for school or for work but just because.


Recently, I embarked on that solo trip- that adventure you have to do when you're young and single. Some may say it is an 'Eat Pray Love' moment, others may wittily say 'Eat Prey Love'. Some may find this to be soul searching experience. My mom even urged me to soulmate search on this one.

But for whatever reason, I just jumped right to it. It just one of those things I feel I have to do.

So, with my reliable red 30L backpack, I ventured to perhaps the most exciting and challenging trip I've taken. 8 days. 4 countries. And most of the time solo.

I started in Singapore, spent a night in Kuala Lumpur, headed to Yogyakarta, Indonesia, and concluded in Thailand.

It was a trip of many firsts and of countless anecdotes.
In Singapore, I tried indoor sky diving, successfully finished Visita Iglesia (without the live aid of Google Maps), watched Wicked, and smoked some shisha sitting on a carpet by a sidewalk.

In Yogyakarta, started my Temple Run series and attended Easter eve mass in Javanese.

In Bangkok, destroyed a BTS (MRT) entrance machine when I put in a coin in the card slot *facepalm*.

For the first time as well, I've been in 3 countries in one day- eating breakfast in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, lunch in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and dinner in Bangkok, Thailand.

Each day, a new story. Each destination, a new experience. And here's how it goes...

No comments: