Sunday, April 22, 2012

Singapore Solo Adventure Part 2

Holy Thursday. If I were in Manila, I will be spending the night visiting churches and reliving the Stations of the Cross during Visita Iglesia. This day, I was in Singapore and I thought, why not do Visita Iglesia here.


So, a quick research online, I found the names and addresses of churches within Singapore. Right after breakfast, I boarded the train and started my Visita Iglesia. This is the first Visita Iglesia I'm doing outside the Philippines.
First Leg- Victoria Street/Queens Road.

1. Our Lady of Lourdes

Our Lady of Lourdes, Ophir Road, Singapore


then walked further and further down the road

2. St Joseph Church

St. Joseph Church, Singapore

3. St Peter and Paul

St. Peter and Paul, Singapore
4. Good Sheperd Cathedral
Good Sheperd Cathedral


Stopped as well in Singapore Art Museum (which looks like a Church as well, and perhaps it was before) and Chjmes.

Singapore Art Musuem
Chjmes


Then boarded the MRT and alighted at Boon Keng station. It was a long walk under the scorching sun until I reached the next church.


5. St. Michael's Church in St. Michael's Road. This seems to be somewhere in a residential outskirt of Singapore. Lots of residential condominiums and single detached houses). Happy to see 'regular houses' in SG.


St. Michael Church

Walk back under scorching sun until the main street, rode a bus, then the MRT, and walked (and got lost) going to the next church. Novena Church.


Novena Church

While here, the rain poured and it poured hard. I waited for it to subside and walked back to the MRT station.


My last stop is St. Andrews cathedral- an Anglican church, which is one of the highlights of Singapore City as well.
St. Andrew's Cathedral

Went back to Chinatown, famished and tired. Had late lunch in a Chinese Restaurant (damn expensive noodles!) and rested and freshened up for the night.
SGD 15 Noodles!
That night, we watched Wicked. And it was wicked! :)



Afterwhich we went to Marina Barage, to watch the night kite flyers and to get view of the city by night.

Finding peace in a city so busy

We capped of the night, and my Singapore trip, eating hummus and lamb kebabs, and smoking shisha, seated by the sidewalk with laid out carpets in one of those side streets in Kampong Glam.


Singapore, til next time.

No comments: